Finarea diferent "brands" - any perceptible technical diference??

Hi All,

VoIP Cheap, Buster, Internetcalls, VoipStunt, Net Appel, you name it, seem be all from the same guys - Finarea.

Slight price diferences, and charging currencies aside, are there any technical diferences between these services?

Are the respectivce hosts servers located in diferent places, and therefore could i possibly be better served by one instead of another, depending on my location (and my ISPs connections)?

Furthermore, is any of them better suited for high latency connections? (I'm on a CDMA450 connection.)

Thanks a lot

Reply to
BigBen
Loading thread data ...

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:13:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.else (BigBen) put finger to keyboard and composed:

I use the X-lite softphone with all except Net Appel. I've had to use different account names with each company because all accounts appear to be held by one central provider, sipdiscount.com. For all except VoIPBuster, the domain name is sipdiscount.com, while the respective SIP proxies are sip.provider_name.com.

- Franc Zabkar

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

How do you manage to change accounts in X-lite? I've trying to change account details, possibly adding more than one account in X-lite, but could not find the way to do it...

TIA jbr

Reply to
BigBen

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:59:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.else (BigBen) put finger to keyboard and composed:

Add each account as a new Sip Proxy in System Settings.

Be aware that X-lite will register with a maximum of two Finarea providers at any one time. You need to disable all other sip proxies. This limitation is imposed by sipdiscount, not X-lite.

- Franc Zabkar

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

So, the SIP proxy for

formatting link
would be sip.internetcalls.com?

jbr

Reply to
BigBen

How do you switch from one provider to another??

jbr

Reply to
BigBen

Thus spaketh BigBen:

right click and choose the "proxy" (account) you wish to dial out on or prefix with #proxy number eg) #1 or #2

Reply to
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:46:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.else (BigBen) put finger to keyboard and composed:

That's what I've been using.

- Franc Zabkar

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

ok, thanks!

jbr

Reply to
BigBen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.