RG-6 QS, top brands?

Hello,

I am just trying to get an updated list of the top brands of RG-6 quad shield coax cable. I have seen posts from a few years back mentioning Belden, Carol, and Commscope, but I just wanted to get an updated list. I have seen Carol and Zenith brands at local stores recently, are these any good? Mainly going to use this cable for running feeds from HDTV & analog TV antennas in the walls of a house.

Thank you very much for all feedback,

-- Chris

Reply to
szilagyic
Loading thread data ...

I would stay away from the compression type connectors. The captive plastic piece tends to wear or break and the ferrel becomes loose. Crimp style is tried and true for the best results Canare makes a good product but most of their stuff requires their strippers for optimum results. I personally would recommend ADC or Kings connectors, Belden cable, and Exelite strippers.

Reply to
scolio

piece tends to wear or break and the ferrel becomes loose. Crimp style is tried and true for the best results Canare makes a good product but most of their stuff requires their strippers for optimum results. I personally would recommend ADC or Kings connectors, Belden cable, and Exelite strippers.

LOL

When even Ideal sells a compression tool and connectors I don't think there's an issue. The 70 motel rooms and bar I did 4 years ago with compression fittings has had one failure and that's even after the PPV drones came in and messed with the feeds.

Maybe Time Worthless is next to go back to crimps next month.....

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Never seen that happen. If you're qorried about the plastic piece, then use ones that have no plastic, such as SuperLok or PCT .

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.