Conference calls with server?

I am currently investigating ways of implementing conference calling / bridged calls using VOIP in a particular scenario.

I have an isolated subnet with say 10 VOIP phones but no SIP server or even Internet gateway. I would like be be able to initiate a call on one of the phones that would cause a group (or all) phones on the subnet to ring. Ideally, if more than one phone was actually answered, they would be linked together in a conference call.

Are there any phones / adaptors on the market that provide this sort of functionality? Or is it essential to have a server (e.g. running Asterisk) to get that functionality?

Reply to
Michael S
Loading thread data ...

calls using VOIP in a particular scenario.

Internet gateway. I would like be be able to initiate a call on one of the phones that would cause a group (or all) phones on the subnet to ring. Ideally, if more than one phone was actually answered, they would be linked together in a conference call.

functionality? Or is it essential to have a server (e.g. running Asterisk) to get that functionality?

I never have heard of any other device except asterisk that can do this kind of task.

j
Reply to
Joel Gathercole

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.