VOIP Server solution?

I would like to setup a VOIP server to provide service to stations on a small LAN with USB phones to communicate with a few remote users. Any help/tips? TIA.

-JS

Reply to
Devouru
Loading thread data ...

One Word:

Asterisk

Devouru wrote:

Reply to
ti_alarms

Thankx for the reply. I have alook at it. Any more robust (feature) packed options?

-JS

"Dr Balw>> I would like to setup a VOIP server to provide service to stations on a

Reply to
Devouru

Asterisk open source iPBX could be your best bet, have a look at

formatting link
and
formatting link
Another such open source project is YATE at
formatting link
Both of these support many a kinds of like H.323, SIP, IAX and skinny VoIP phones, asterisk is much more mature where as YATE is new one.

In addition to these you may need OpenH323 Gatekeeper available at

formatting link
also, for those of your users who love using H.323 based clients and, or soft phones like gnomemeeting, netmeeting, SJPhone and ohphone.

Hope that helps,

Reply to
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman

You're Welcome!

Yeah, there are lot based on Asterisk, like

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman

formatting link
formatting link

You can buy a cheap grandstream hard phones for each desk. They're quite good baggin for the price :)

Marko

Reply to
C:\Marko

I really like the voice quality of the Grandstreams Budgetone especially when talking Grandstream to Grandstream with the wideband codec enabled. It is noticeably better sound than one gets from POTS. It definitely beats the sound quality of the Sipura stuff I have (Sipura-3000 ATA, Sipura-841 desk phone), which is just so-so POTS (or worse.)

VOIP can sound better than POTS. It just depends on us rewarding companies that put in the effort to do it. Clearly it doesn't have to cost more (as Grandstream has shown). It is mostly just a matter of the correct code being put into the firmware.

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.