Babble trouble ?

Can't make any calls, it times out. Does it still work for anyone, or do you need credit now ? Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²
Loading thread data ...

And that was apropos of what, exactly?

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Rick:

babble.net , UK VoIP provider, ceased to function... Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Interesting: you're saying that the VoIP service would neither send nor receive calls (SIP?) yet the internet connection continued to work fine.

- RM (using ATT's CallVantage in MA, USA)

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Have you power cycled your phone?

Reply to
Rick Merrill

The Babble VoIP server is either not working or not recognising me. Coincidentally I have today received a reply from Babble Support to my email from 19th December ! Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

I had an email befor Xmas saying that to make calls will require credit. But personally I never used the service as it was far too unreliable to be used. Also it was obvious from their parent website that the business model was unsustainable and they hoped tpo get users then churn them onto being paying customers. The free calls was a good viral method of getting users. It would be intersting where the first email came from..

Ian

Reply to
Ian

As of today, instead of just timing out, I get a message 'Please obtain credit...', even for 0800 number ! They did say free calls to zone 1 will continue "well in to 2005", I never got an email from them announcing the change and their softphone doesn't work (I use X-lite), so I am not impressed.

So, now you can pay 1p / min for zone 1 calls, or pay £5 p / month and get

1000 min *FREE*, which is not a bad price, but I don't need even 500 min's so I won't subscribe. I will stick with sipgate, slightly more expensive - 1.12p / min, but with a free geographical number. Regards, Martin
Reply to
Martin²

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.