Skype hype

Yes, we heard a report 10/8/04 in the thread "Skype ... they don't accept to be payied !!" by Alex Drastico

Your best bet will probably be found in their forums. Someone has likely found a way to pay by now. When it comes to money---- those problems generally get solved first. Three weeks seems a long time for that problem to still be around.

Pepperoni

Reply to
Pepperoni
Loading thread data ...

Looks like Skype has become so successful they don't actually want to earn any money anymore. There are now dozens of stories in their forums about people who cannot actually pay them. Suddenly respectable people's credit cards have all become suspect overnight and are rejected for security reasons. Among them, for instance the whole population of Spain! Having had my payment cancelled twice and then rejected twice, I cannot now even try to pay. Looks like some security guy has gone nuts.

Anyone else got these problems too?

Regards

Martin

Reply to
Ravenna

Non-US merchants like Skype always tend to have problems charging US-based card like Visa, Amex, MC etc. Actually, reverse that - US based CC companies tend to have problems trusting non-US merchants. So, just consider it a temporary problem, they'll definitely get it fixed. I would ;-)

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

info_at_cabling-design_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com)) wrote in news:ZGygd.2062936$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com:

This is simply bullshit.

Tor

Reply to
Tor-Einar Jarnbjo

[...]

Speaking of which...why would anyone *pay* Skype anyway? Is it all for the (proprietary) software they provide?

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

No, it's for ability to land your call in PSTN. Everybody charges for that, so it looks easily justifiable to me.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Lots of providers do that. I still want to know why anyone would pay to be locked in to using Skype's system.

Except the ones who don't, of course.

formatting link
I don't mind the charge for service, of course. It just amazes me that people would pay for *that* service.

So it makes sense to people who don't do their research? Is that all it is? Effective marketing to naive consumers? Hmmm...it might be time to buy some stock in this "next Microsoft."

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.