Clicking on Dialtone

I HAVE INTERMINABLE CLICKING ON MY ROLLOVER LOCAL-ONLY LAND LINE WHICH WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO DIAL UP UNLESS THE CLICKING STOPS. I switched to this service plan in February, and this was going on all of March. ut back then, after not more than ten clicks, I was able to dial out. Then from April until September, it went away. In October it cam back with a vengeance, but I would wait, keep hitting FLASH, until the hundred or so clicks stopped. In November, they would not even stop. On two occassions it seemed the clicking had disappeared, but it had really just dropped in volume.

If anyone knows if I can enter a code (analogous to *70) which temporarily turns off fixed line forwarding for the length of the call, I'm willing to try it.

In February 2008 I was terminally annoyed and decided I was only going to get minimal service on my land line. Everyt hing I tried to do ended up having surcharges, as if I couldn't feel the pain. So I got local-only calling, untimed calls but per-call charge and one fancy feature, rollover, or fixed-line forwarding, after five rings, to my cellular (since my folks died and I am rarely home). My biggest use for my land line is dialing my unix shell account.

In 2005 I signed up for a year of DSL, which never worked. Initially they kept complaining one or another thing was missing from my computer, and that took two months. Then finally the software worked but the connection didn't. I calle dit in and they insisted it had to be on my end (I have no internal maintenance contract - three of four members of my household are engineers, the two EEs with seventy years experience between them). But then I get an apologetic call that it was on their end and everything should work. I didn't get to try it because I had crossover with my neighbor the rainy night of Thanksgiving 2005 and some old lady got on and blamed DSL and turned it off. The crossover (hearing each others calls) was caused by the rain, and so I learned the best thing is never to call customer service.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

formatting link
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.