hi, guys, I have problem on making outboud call throught our D/240SC-T1 card. And, We have a T1 to this card, I am using global call gc_makecall() to make outboud calls. And the protocol basically is ISDN, not TAPI.The BusType is SCBus.Protocol is ISDN 5ESS. Every time, when I call the gc_makecall(), nothing happenedd. I don't know if I need to do any other settings, or should I use different protocol? I am using SR 5.1, which sample program I should use to test? Thanks a lot.
The protocol is really dependent upon what your line is provisioned for and what the provider uses. Chances are if you are not seeing any yellow or red alarms your framing and coding are ok and unless you are getting errors back making the API call (gc_makecall) then your protocol is probably ok.
I recommend a few things.
1) Check with your provider an ensure that your line is provisioned to allow outbound calls. ISDN lines can be set up in the PBX specifically for inbound or outbound only. Make sure you are set up for what you need.
2) Run a D-channel trace and take a look at the messages being exchanged for signaling. Maybe that will lead you to something.
3) Call your provider and have them trace their end when you make a call and tell you what they are seeing. Might point to something also.
4) 5.1 is VERY old and no longer supported by Intel/Dialogic. I always suggest that you move to the latest that you can get support for, in this case SR 5.1.1 FP1 SU 69 or greater. If your problem ends up being because of a bug in the software (I would not rule that out) you are not going to get a fix on software that old.
5) Never rule out a CO type issue. Maybe they have routing set up odd on tier end, maybe you need a special dial string or something like an account code along with the number. Ask them. The D-channel trace may also point to something here.