Partner Mail VS master login

I have a used Partner Mail VS on which the admin mailbox (99#) password has been changed to an unknown number. It's no longer default at 1234#.

Is there any way to access a master override box to regain control of the admin mailbox?

Thanks, Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl
Loading thread data ...

I hate to say that but that would require you to call Avaya (Tier 2 if I understand the current structure correctly) and have them call into the system and reset the admin pass. If you have good relationships with an Avaya distributor tech, he can call Avaya and you might end up not paying for the (little) service even though the system is probably out of warranty already.

It's a shame I never had a chance to put a recorder on the line when they call to record the DTMF sequence ;-)

Reply to
telecom-gear.com

I was afraid the answer was going to be something like this.

We were a Lucent dealer at one 8 or 9 years ago, but parted ways 5 or 6 years ago. Unfortunately, we still have to work on the equipment of customers who purchased from us in that time frame. And I know, for non-authorized dealers, Avaya charges an arm and a leg for for support.

I guess the alternative is to sit there and key in four digit passwords until we get lucky. Heck, there's only 9,999 possible combinations.

Thanks for the info.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.