Strata DK40i External Paging

Hello,

I am attempting to connect an amp/speaker to our phone system so that we can hear paging in our garage. I have everything installed except for the connection to the Strata. I found some RCA inputs for MOH and

600 ohm, but I can't find an output for paging. Is there a special module that needs to be installed or this something standard on the DK40i's?

Thanks for the help. I have installed numerous Partner ACS's but this is my first go with a Toshiba... There are two modules installed, they are KCDU1 and an RCOU1.

Reply to
mr.phone
Loading thread data ...

The 600 ohm RCA jack is the external page output.

The code for all call page is '#39'

Hope this helps.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Yeah, we figured that out finally, thanks for the reply.

Now we have another issue, is there a way to reprogram our All Call Page button on each phone to include the external speaker? I assume that the AC button essentially dials #30 for the user, but is it possible to make it dial #39? I tried to use program 39 to reprogram flexible button assignments to no avail. It is also not an easy task at this place to ask our users to relearn anything, so it could make life much easier if it can be done...

Reply to
mr.phone

Oh crap, can you say that again, slowly? The only manual I have is a pile of papers, many pages of which are missing. This place is so cheap that buying a manual is out of the question. That would cost money. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you give it to me step by step?

Reply to
mr.phone

No direct all call page code in pgm 39. What you do is put #39 in a system speed dial bin and use program 39 to program all the phones with that bin as a page button.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Sure I'll type slowly so you can understand...just kidding.

Program a system speed dial bin with #39 in it

Steps for this

-At the system administration phone (usually 10 or 200 but can be changed) press [REDIAL] [SPEEDDIAL} key in the bin number (we always use

99, but anything between 50 & 99 is valid), dial #39, then [REDIAL]

Then, using program 39, program a button on all phones that directly accesses the speed dial bin you programmed in the step above. The code is *[bin number]

Hope this is a little clearer now.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Excellent, thank you very much! It does work now, with one little difference.

Using program 39, I did program a button that directly accesses the speed dial bin associated with the Ext+All Call Page (I just used the same button that was used for All Call Page). However, before I made this change, users could press the All Call button without lifting the receiver and/or after placing a call on hold. Now they must pick up the receiver to page or after placing a call on hold, they must tap the hook flash switch THEN press the All Call button.

So basically it works, but with one extra step when compared to before.

Thanks again for all your help!

Reply to
mr.phone

You're welcome.

If you want to play wit the speed dial bins you might find the one that had been programmed previously for the paging function. That is, unless you programmed over the top of it when you followed my instructions. Just a thought.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.