Strategy voice mail - any way to Loop prompt?

I have a Toshiba CTX 100 with a Strategy voice mail. My installer does not know how to set up the voice mail to repeat the message if the user does not respond. For example: box number '991' says Please choose from the following options For this and this press 1 For that and that press 2

If the user does not enter anything then the system says: "If you would like to speak to the operator say yes now". At his point its to late for the user to input anything. Same is for the other mail boxes. I would've wanted it to repeat the message again.

The only thing he can do is set the time the system will wait for user response and which box it should play next if there is no response. But I would want the same box to repeat the message if the user don't respond. Is there no setting to set up a loop with out having to record the same message in two different mail boxes?

Reply to
yoelgold
Loading thread data ...

Two ways - different results

#1) In Groups/chains where you enter the 'DONE' mailbox number put in

991. The danger is that if you are getting good disconnect you could end up with your ports locked up stuck in a permanent loop.

#2) Set the done chain to go to another mailbox...say 989. Set up 989 EXACTLY the same as 991, except the done chain. Put that to wherever you currently have it routing to in 991. Record the exact same message in 989 as 991. The message will then play twice before going to another destination.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

will option 2 limit the loop to Two? is there a way to make it infinite

thanks

Reply to
yoelgold

Yes, only twice.

Any time you don't give a Strategy an automatic path out of the loop you run the risk of having the ports lock up if a caller hangs up without dialing out of the greeting.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.