Avaya Partner ACS - Need help with Outgoing calling

I'm trying to get our phone system programmed to make outgoing calls to employee's call phones when they have received a voice mail message. The system is a Partner ACS 3.0 with a 6-port Messaging 1.0 module. So far I have enabled outgoing calls on the appropriate extensions (within the ACS programming as well as the Messinging User Programming). I've added the outgoing numbers, again in both places above as well as in the Outgoing Call Restriction (#401) and Allowed Phone Numbers and Lists (#407/#408). I know that the 6-port card uses ports 5 & 6 for outgoing, but I'm not sure how they are mapped to a particular line. The programming for Allowes Numers and Lists is not clear with regard to selecting a port, etc.

I would appreciate any and all input from you who know this stuff way more than I do!

TIA, Dan

Reply to
Dan
Loading thread data ...

The VM dials "9" and goes out on a trunk group. You have to allow for that.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

It's been a while since I worked on a Partner, but two things I thought of to check.

By default when a Partner system is initialized it grants line access to every line in the capacity of the system to every station. So if your system has a capacity for 20 lines, but you only have dial tone connected to 6 unless the programming is changed when a station goes off hook to an outside line it's going to try to use line 20. Obviously if there's no dial tone there the call is not going to be completed.

Second thought. Somebody may have restricted access to outside lines for VM ports. So it can't access outside dial tone.

In the 'whatever it's worth' department.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Yes, the VM dials nine (more or less), also see below which I forgot. Only live lines (non-ringing) should be assigned to the voice mail ports in hunt group 7.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

Rich and Terry,

I have tried both of your recommendations and am still not able to dial out. When I checked Hunt Group 7, I made sure that extensions

18-23 were assigned. These correspond to the 6 ports of the Messaing card for rack slot 1. I made sure these were working by dialing extensions 18-23 and getting the voice mail to answer.

Any more ideas? I have to be getting close!

Thank you both for all of your help. Dan

Reply to
Dan

I'd program a line appearance for all lines on to a phone (depending on how many lines it may take two phones). Then I'd leave a message in a mailbox that's supposedly set to external notify. They you can watch and see whether the call is trying to get out of the system or whether there's something wonky with the outdial and the notify in the voicemail. Try to narrow down the source of the problem.

If you can see it out dial onto a line you should be able to monitor the call with a butt set to see where the problem in the setup is.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Why were you programming #401, 407, 408 ? Make sure the VM ports are unrestricted. Also I have been assuming you have only three lines, since you said that the VM is in slot 1. Thats a pretty big voice mail for a three line and eight phone system. And conventionally it is in the last slot after all other cards. And # 302 should be none for all voice mail ports.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

You're right, the 6-port VM is a bit overkill, but I knew the day would come when I needed the additional features.

I checked #302 - all ports/lines are unrestricted. Not sure what else to try.

Reply to
Dan

Don't know if you have solved this, but....

The outcalling number must start with "9*", that's NINE STAR. This causes the VM port to grab a line (9) and PAUSE (*) for the dial tone before dialing the rest of the outcalling number. Log into a mailbox, press 6 for outcalling, then 3 for INSTRUCTIONS for entering outcalling numbers, and you will be given this information.

The lines that it picks from are those lines assigned to the VM ports. You can check this in #301 for the 5th and 6th VM ports. As soon as the port extensions are added to Hunt Group 7, they will access Intercom first, and after dialing 9 they will access lines from 1 through whatever is assigned.

Then make sure that you aren't restricted >I'm trying to get our phone system programmed to make outgoing calls

Reply to
TouchToneTommy

Hello TT Tommy, Thanks for your reply. I'm still not able to get my outcalling to work so your timing is good. Just curious if I need to use "9*" even if my system does not use "9" to dial out. Currently I'm using only the

10-digit tel number in my dial out list. I think you may have cleared something up for me. I was unsure how outcalling knew which line to use. I have 3 lines and want to only use one of them for outcalling. I will check #301 to make sure I have the lines set correctly. Not sure why the intercom would need to be accessed first. Maybe you can elaborate on that.

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Sorry for the long time between posts.

When you put the voice mail ports into Hunt Group 7, they automagically start accessing Intercom first. This is so they can go off hook and dial #09+Extension No. to turn on a message waiting light, and #10+Extension No. to turn it off.

You must have lines assigned to the ports, so they can go off hook and dial 9 to grab one of them to do the outcalling. If you only want one particular line to be used for the outcalling, just assign that one only.

If you look at the voice mail ports in Centralized Telephone Programming, even though it looks like the lines are set for Immediate Ring, they will only receive calls on line based on what's programmed in #206, #506, and #507. They will also receive calls on lines that do not appear in the voice mail port's line assignment.

Hope that clears some things up, maybe clear as mud!!

Reply to
TouchToneTommy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.