Distinctive Ring Answering?

Don't know of any answering machine that will detect distinctive ring.

But you could use an SR 2 or 3 to detect them and then use conventional answering machine for he ring type.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl
Loading thread data ...

Anyone know of a answering machine (alone or combo) that will play 2 different outgoing messages based on the phone company's distinctive ring service?

I had a phonemate for years, but I think it's time has come and cant' find anything to replace it.

Thanks,

Adam

Reply to
aw

You might try one of the small distinctive ring phone switches like the Comswitch CS5500 (Less than $70) shown in the link below.

formatting link
You might need to verify the output ring the ports provide but if the box converts the distinctive ring into a standard ring pattern you could use standard cheap single line answering machines on the output ports.

I believe they even have a CS7500 model that supports up to 4 devices should your line support 4 different distinctive rings. /// GlowingBlueMist

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

You might try one of the small distinctive ring phone switches like the Comswitch CS5500 (Less than $70) shown in the link below.

formatting link
You might need to verify the output ring the ports provide but if the box converts the distinctive ring into a standard ring pattern you could use standard cheap single line answering machines on the output ports.

I believe they even have a CS7500 model that supports up to 4 devices should your line support 4 different distinctive rings.

/// GlowingBlueMist (Remove the zap for my direct email address)

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

There are several PC based software packages which when tied to a voice/data/fax modem allow different responses based on distinctive ring pattern.

For example..

I've got the primary ring which forwards into voice email system, which requires additional responses to leave a message(human detection test). A call on the 2nd phone number, makes a distinctive ring activates the incoming fax function.

Reply to
Tim Keating

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.