multi-base DECT or options [telecom]

A friend has a house too long for his DECT phones to reach into the garage. I was thinking someone made a system with multiple base stations, interconnected via wire-pair. Does such exist?

Alternately, I see "DECT repeaters" mentioned various places. ("DRX100") Any experience with those?

I seem to recall one promise of DECT was cross-brand interoperability. Is that really true?

Reply to
David Lesher
Loading thread data ...

David Lesher wrote in :

Only in the "business" market for as far as I know, with matching prices for having larger numbers of cordless phones all over a larger building using multiple base stations. Maybe some business is selling them secondhand.

Not for me.

Yes.. but. There are DECT base stations and handsets with GAP (Generic Access Profile) which means they can at least send and receive calls between brands. Specialized features like centrally stored phone books or configuring base station options from the handset will not be supported with mixed brands.

Koos van den Hout

Reply to
Koos van den Hout

DL> A friend has a house too long for his DECT phones to reach into DL> the garage. I was thinking someone made a system with multiple DL> base stations, interconnected via wire-pair. Does such exist?

As Koos wrote, they are expensive.

The one I've looked at is:

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

and see here for some decent US pricing:

formatting link

They use dect over ethernet to communicate between the master base- station and the satellite stations.

OTOH, you can have two residential pstn basestations on the same line, one on each side of the house. I would not expect them to do handoff (each basestation would have its own set of handhelds) but it ought to work. And cost less than a dual basestation Aastra setup.

-JimC

Reply to
James Cloos

My Panasonic DECT system (with Bluetooth) - purchased 16 months ago - came with a wireless repeater along with the 2 handsets and the Answering Machine/Base Station - so I would assume that these are still available from various brands.

Reply to
David Clayton

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.