How to make an RJ-31X cable

-- Hello, I was wondering if anyone could point me to a guide on how to make an RJ-31X cable using CAT5. I just got 2 Quocom AT1 dialers in an office liquidation and was trying to see if I could configure them. I need the cable to go from the control port on the dialer to a DB25 modular adaptor(female) connected to my serial port (by a DB25 male to DB9 female converter). I was thinking that straight through cable should work fine. Can someone confirm that please. If so, my problem may be with my modular adaptor wiring.

Thanks

Reply to
peasngrits
Loading thread data ...

It does not look like you actually need an RJ31X. The pinout for RJ31X is here:

formatting link
but I think you are confusing it with just a 8-pin 8-conductor jack of the control port that has either proprietary pinout or maybe EIA-561 like many of them do. RJ31X has a contact that opens couple of normally closed contacts between pins, so I really doubt you'd see anything like that in a control port jack.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.