Shopping for cordles phone

I'm shopping for a cordless phone. It appears that I have a number of options

1. 900MHz, 2.4GHz or 5.8Gz
  2. analog or DSS

I seems to me that 900MHz DSS (spread spectrum) should be a better option, since it won't interfere with my WLAN network and has lower power, both because it's spread spectrum and also because it has lower frequency.

Anyway, what would you recommend ? What's considered the best option today ?

Also a curiosity question - Are all phones marketed as "digital" DSS (Digital Spread Spectrum) ?

Reply to
Alex T.
Loading thread data ...

And also... What the heck are DECT and DCT and how they come into the picture ?

Reply to
Alex T.

Did you use Google? DECT: Digital European Cordless Telecommunication. DECT is a digital cordless system. DECT can handle all communication within a local area, for example a company. Traffic from the local area is then sent on through the public network.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply to
Joseph

alex_s snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Alex T.) posted on that vast internet thingie:

If you find a 900MHz that is multihandset and not junk, I would like to know about it. Do not accept less than DSS with frequency hopping.

The newest thing are the 5.8GHz phones.

Steve at SELLCOM

Reply to
SELLCOM Tech support

Why is higher frequency promoted as "better" for cordless phones??? I have an "old" 900MHz digital spread-spectrum phone, which has a range of several houses, which works great. Why would I want to go to a higher frequency phone which is more sensitive to obstructions?

Reply to
CharlesH

It seems that there are no new models in 900MHz range, so I would probably have to get a 5.8GHz. I don't understand why they stopped producing 900MHz phones. About frequency hopping - it is really hard to understand what the word "digital" on a box means. Only few specifically say DSS, majority just write "digital", whatever that means.

I become a real project...

Reply to
Alex T.

What about GE 25893GE3 ? It seems to have all the features for a real bargain price... Is there a catch :) ?

Reply to
Alex T.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.