Comp/Telephony Integration w/Definity G3si

Can anyone tell me what I need to get the ANI or CallerID out of a Definity G3si switch?

I need to provide a pop-up screen of the inbound ANI for our sales call center folks on a legacy application.

I'm coming from a programmer's perspective, and somewhat familiar with phone switches. I've worked in a 911 dispatch center where we got the

911 ANI/ALI feed right from the phone company and matched that data stream against our Locations file.

I need to make a similar match here, against our Cust/Phone xref so the sales rep knows who this is right when he goes off hook.

We don't want to spend the $ks for Avaya call center right now, and don't need that much functionality right now.

Some questions I need help with:

1) What circuit board do I need in the switch so I can either a) put it on the network, or b) communicate someway with it? 2) Where is the data store on the switch from which we get our reports? 3) What questions am I too ignorant to ask?

Thanks in advance for ANI help.

bakerdothughesat mouserdotcom

Reply to
Baker
Loading thread data ...

We changed our Robbed bit T-1's to ISDN-PRI trunks to accomplish ANI. As for DS1 circuit packs, I am not sure about the TN767's but the TN464's are good to go.

Q#1. In order for us to put our G3R on the network we used a CLAN card (TN799). I think this may be done with the si but I'm not sure. Q#2. I believe all data regarding stations and trunks etc. is stored in the translations tables. I have no idea if you can access those tables.

here's a great resource for Definity maintained and moderated by Avaya partner techs and other assorted admins.

formatting link

Reply to
fataldata

This helps. We have one C-lan card, going straight to the vmail server, so I suspected another would be needed to put it on the LAN.

The translation tables provide the virtual switching, but there must also be some tables that track call times, hold time, etc... since they offer a report generator to harvest this data (for a $).

thanks, Baker

Reply to
Baker

Try PBXtech where there are many techs more knowledgeable than I. As for the CLAN card you can use the one card for more than one service. Simply connect the eth port on the CLAN to a Ethernet switch. Then 'change ip-services' to add the SAT service to the CLAN node. SAT is the service which allows Avaya Site Admin to manage the pbx.

As for the table with call times etc... you are right, I'm sure it is in there somewhere but we do pay for these services. Monitoring and reporting these stats is handled by our Call Center manager. I am merely a lowly technician. Good Luck

Reply to
fataldata

I cant answer the question but I know who can... check into the Avaya-List on Yahoogroups.com

You can subscribe by sending an empty message to the address avaya-list-subscribe AT yahoogroups.com (note I typed this to prevent robot spammers from getting it :)

Join up! There are over 1700 Avaya users on there now..

Chris (asst co moderator of the Avaya list :)

Reply to
CWB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.