Bell Sonecor Caller ID ?

I just hooked up a Bell Equipment Sonecor Caller ID box and the red light in the upper right-hand corner is flashing every few seconds. I didn't see anything about this in the owner's manual and was wondering if anyone knew why it flashes or, better yet, how to disable this. (It is not a message waiting indicator.)

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
newsreader
Loading thread data ...

I found my cid also flashing then realized it was message waiting. I do not have voicemail on the line, but there was a stutter dial tone because my Vonage account did have a message for me (which Vonage never explained that's how they let you know if they have an online message for you in your account). Although I went into Vonage and cleared messages, the stutter dial tone never went away so the light keeps flashing.

If you have a stutter dial tone that may be causing it.

Charles

Reply to
telephonesecurity.com

Thanks for the reply. I think the flashing indicates new calls, though I don't see the need for such. I have VoIP also and a couple of my phones have message waiting indicators, the signal sent down the line by my provider.

A couple of days after hooking up the first Sonecor ID box I hooked up a second. The first box, soon after being hooked up, showed the correct date and time, and the red light flashes to indicate a new call. The second box still does not show the correct date and time, what's showing is from when I installed the battery; and it didn't flash as the first one did to indicate the new call. I find this very strange. I'm going to call the number in the instructions and see if they have any guidance.

Reply to
newsreader

Just a WAG, but:

Try disconnecting the first one and see if the second now works better. The first may be putting enough of a load on the CID signal that there isn't enough for the second.

The first may be more sensitive to the signal than the second, but both may be within specs.

Reply to
Rich Greenberg

If you've got VoIP you've got FSK message waiting activation pretty much gratis. I found out about mine when I hooked my butt set up to my line and left it in monitor mode. Every 10-20 seconds I'd hear an FSK burst, and this would only happen if there was waiting voicemail.

Thing is, the VoIP guys won't come right out and tell you that it's on your line. You find out quite by accident.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.