Bellsouth Caller ID

Caller ID won't show names for some cellphone callers. I decided to ask Bellsouth if their Caller ID would show names of cellphone callers with any cellphone carriers, and if so, what carriers.

Bellsouth loves calling customers for telemarketing but doesn't like having customers call Customer Service. I decided to try email. I was redirected to a page telling me I wouldn't be allowed on unless I downloaded Netscape or Explorer. Some sites won't work very well with some browsers, but this is the first time a website wouldn't allow me on except with specified browsers.

Netscape 7 is unacceptable for Mac OS9 because Netscape dropped support and left it full of serious bugs. I happened to have Explorer but prefer two newer browsers that are more versatile and standards-compliant. Bellsouth expected me to do a 15 MB download before I could email them. It's not a customer-friendly company.

As they'd warned, Bellsouth made me wait 48 hours. The answer was that whether Caller ID showed a name for a cellphone caller would depend on what carrier the caller was using.

So Bellsouth won't tell me what cellphone carriers provide names for their Caller ID. Is this information available anywhere?

Reply to
Choreboy
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.