Vonage Number Transfer

Well ... it's been 2 1/2 months now waiting on my phone number to transfer to Vonage. I'm not sure who's holding up the transfer but this is ridiculous. Vonage claims it's not their fault (probably isn't) but my question is, who do I complain to? My current carrier (MCI) doesn't want to hear about it and, again, Vonage claims it's not their fault.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well again, like the other day, in this case MCI is _probably not_ the underlying carrier, but probably just a UNI-P operation. Like the guy using AT&T for 'local service' the other day, more than likely MCI in this instance is at the mercy of whomever the 'real' carrier of record in your area is. Southwestern Bell perhaps? When Vonage put in the transfer request to MCI, then MCI in turn had to tell the 'actual carrier' about it. What does Vonage say other than 'not our fault'? Can you get them to audit or trace the transaction for you? You also said 'MCI does not want to hear about it'. Can you be more specific? Does your number actually _belong_ to you? Do you have that part of it under control? Please give us a few more details. PAT]
Reply to
Nate
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.