Re: Vonage Number Transfer

Nate wrote:

>> Well ... it's been 2 1/2 months now waiting on my phone number to >> transfer to Vonage. I'm not sure who's holding up the transfer but >> this is ridiculous. Vonage claims it's not their fault (probably >> isn't) but my question is, who do I complain to? My current carrier >> (MCI) doesn't want to hear about it and, again, Vonage claims it's not >> their fault. >> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well again, like the other day, in this >> case MCI is _probably not_ the underlying carrier, but probably just >> a UNI-P operation. Like the guy using AT&T for 'local service' the >> other day, more than likely MCI in this instance is at the mercy of >> whomever the 'real' carrier of record in your area is. Southwestern >> Bell perhaps? When Vonage put in the transfer request to MCI, then >> MCI in turn had to tell the 'actual carrier' about it. What does >> Vonage say other than 'not our fault'? Can you get them to audit or >> trace the transaction for you? You also said 'MCI does not want to >> hear about it'. Can you be more specific? Does your number actually >> _belong_ to you? Do you have that part of it under control? Please >> give us a few more details. PAT] > I called MCI again and they say there is absolutely no reason why the > number can't be transferred. Vonage says they have no idea why it's > not being transferred so, again, who do I call? I asked MCI if they > were the actual carrier or if there was a third party involved and the > rep said that MCI was the actual carrier... but the guy didn't sound > very sure of himself. My guess is that there is a third party and > that's where it's being held up. Not sure what I can do at this point > other than wait ... > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: If MCI is telling you there is > 'absolutely no reason why the number cannot be transferred' then > tell them to please transfer it while you are waiting on the line > attempting to audit/trace the procedure. I can assure you that MCI > was NOT the 'actual carrier'. When phone numbers and area codes, etc > were first assigned, there was no such 'phone company' as MCI. The > actual carrier is one of the Bells, no doubt. I assume your Vonage > line is working with its own number which is what you wish to have > transferred. PAT]

Well, my number was transferred yesterday (the same day I called MCI back). Unless it's just a big coincidence, I suspect MCI was the holdup the entire time and they were probably just milking me as long as they could. Anyhow, all better now.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, good, I am happy for you. PAT]
Reply to
Nate
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.