Upgrade from DSL to U-verse [Telecom]

The telephone voice is fully regulated prior to the demarc. With this fancy set up, can you still isolate the telephone service at a NID to prove the problem is on their side?

Reply to
Sam Spade
Loading thread data ...

AHA! THAT is different. Time to call the mayor.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I, as well as AT&T, have proved that the problem is between the demarc and their cross connect that goes to the main (CO Cable).

I must have gotten someones attention: I got a call from Texas today as well as a call from the Manager of CORE (DSL). He looked at the 15 trouble tickets and also had the cable checked and found 4 more bridge taps. He also agrees with me that the reason for U-verse was to get around the distance problems with DSL. Once they are able to fix the cable, things should work: if my DSL comes back to what it is rated at I might not even go to U-Verse. All the cable in my house is CAT 4 and checks out fine. Besides when I first started having problems I got the cable plan, they replaced a couple of my in house cables using my Cat 5 cable. I was told that both the PUC as well as the city have some control over AT&T. Maybe they can get the cable replaced. The Core Manager is trying to get his engineer to go Fiber to the curb or house since our cables are so bad and have been for some years. It all goes back to the U-verse cable conditioning that was done last year, before that there was no problem with my DSL.

Reply to
Steven

That may not [do] much good, I tried to get him recalled last year, he has been in several offices for over 25 years.

Reply to
Steven

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.