Is there device to filter selected incoming numbers?

I am reposting this after realizing that comp.dcom.telecom is not the right group for this kind of question. I hope this one is.

Is there a home/home office telecom device, eg. answering machine or caller id unit, that allows you to program in numbers to be blocked or to receive a custom message. I would like all other calls to go through as usual.

I would even be willing to look at PC software if it was the only/best way.

Thanks.

Reply to
jamesk
Loading thread data ...

I have a box like that but it requires me to push the button while the call is in progress. I would like to filter them out without my having to interact. Or does your box do that?

Reply to
jamesk

Radio Shack made a CID box that allowed you to block calls, they would get a message simular to the reject message that the telephone companies offer. I got one in 1999, and still have it. I can block calls that the normal rejection service will not. I don't think that they make them anymore. Maybe someone will have one they want to sell or knows of one like them.

The only good Spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c)2005 I Kill Spammers, Ine. A Rot in Hell Company.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

No Mine is like yours, it just takes one time. You can also lockout out of area and blocked, once it is in there is will block all no Caller ID blocked numbers.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c)2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Company

Reply to
Steven Lichter

Such devices _do_ exist.

Check out Hello Direct, also

formatting link
and/or The Sharper Image.

I'm pretty sure one of the has such a gizmo.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Yep. Have one, and one (still in box) purchased at close-out. A totally unique implementation which allowed you to blacklist "out of area" as though it were a phone number too. From what I hear, the manufacturer was sued for patent infringement over this device and it disappeared forever.

Reply to
Mike S.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.