Re: Tangled up Over DSL - Some Cell Phone Users Demand to Stand

formatting link

> Some Cell Phone Users Demand to Stand Alone > By JOHN C. ROPER > Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle > A growing number of U.S. consumers are cutting the cord on traditional > home telephone service, choosing instead to exclusively use cell > phones. > But many of these consumers have found ditching their land-line phone > service, and its accompanying cost, isn't possible if they want speedy > DSL, or digital subscriber line, Internet service in their homes. > Providers such as SBC Communications require customers to buy > residential phone service to have access to their broadband lines, a > tactic consumer advocacy groups say is unfair. > Full story at: >
formatting link
> How to Distribute VoIP Throughout a Home: >
formatting link
> If you live in Michigan, subscribe to the MI-Telecom group: >
formatting link
> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I think I read somewhere -- maybe here > in the Digest -- where SBC was going to bite the bullet also and > begin offering 'naked DSL'. Fact or fiction? Personally, I would say > that _whenever possible_ people just ditch telco and go with cable > internet. PAT]

They have as well as Verizon, the others will follow. I believe either the FCC or PUC here in California ordered it.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.