Unable to call a specific number with my AT&T landline cordless phone. [telecom]

I am currently using an AT&T cordless phone model#CL82229 IDTE S/N

4H601144967. As of Dec. 1, 2022, I have not been able to dial my neices number with either one of my cordless phones. The call will ring once and go straight into voice mail. She called her carrier T-Mobile and they did a trouble-shoot and found nothing, my number is not blocked on her end, and I also contacted my carrier Frontier Communications and they also troubleshoot my phone lines, the technician advised me that the problem is with the phone itself. I cannot find a feature on this phone that might help me to alleviate this problem, is there anything I can do besides buying a new phone, which is now very very expensive for me; being a senior citizen on a fixed income? I still prefer to have a landline because it is more convenient for me not having to worry about the dropped call in the middle of important conversations.

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried using a corded phone to make this call ? If call still goes to VM, suspect it is a T-Mobile, or her cell phone, issue.

************************** Moderator's Note ************************** *
  • Please send your reply to the original poster at the
  • "forums.att.com" board that the URL points to: he will probably
  • not see it here.
  • Also, readers please note that the /phone/ is an "AT&T" model, but
  • the person who posted the entry I cited is using Frontier as his
  • dial-tone provider.
Reply to
Retired.at.Home

I've never heard of a phone blocking a specific number. Do you have any other phone to plug into the RJ-11 jack to test?

If you were local to me, I have a number of old trimline handsets; I'd just give you one. You can still pick up one of these very cheap basic corded phones at any local retailer. They might cost fewer than $10 for a set at Walmart... would be good to have in case of a power outage.

Reply to
Michael Trew

As with the previous reply, please send your query to the original poster at the “forums.att.com” URL shown above: he will probably not see it here. Also, please ask him to consider these possible explanations:

1. His Neice might have blocked his number: I’d recommend he write a “snail mail” letter to his neice, asking her to check - and also asking *IF* she wants him to call, and if so, when. He could also borrow someone's cell phone, but unless his neice answers a call from an unknown number, he won’t be sure, and it would be an awkward conversation either way.
  2. His neice might have forgotten to pay her bill: some companies will limit delinquent accounts to “Voice Mail only” operation until the account is current.
  3. His neice might have forwarded her number to Voice mail. Assuming that his neice still wants to receive his calls, AND that her service is working - A. He might not have TouchTone service, so any phone you give him might need to be a dial model, or at least have a “dial pulse” capability (most “push button” phones have that option.)

It’s usually easier to borrow an instrument from a friend or neighbor, and plug it in at the demarc. B. His next step is to test his line, and then write to his state’s PUC if the problem is verified *AT THE DEMARC*.

HTH. YMMV.

Bill Horne

Reply to
Bill Horne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.