Problem with AT&T

We've recently move our home phone to Vonage from Qwest local service and AT&T long distance. Qwest has ended our regular service and in fact gave us a refund. AT&T is refusing to end our long distance service. We still keep getting monthly bills even though I have called several times. They say they can't do anything until the are officially notified by Qwest, which says the notifical was sent awhile back.

Any suggestions on how to deal with AT&T. The company is totally unresponsive and I can't talk to anyone other than their regular customer service.

Thanks

John

Reply to
JJS
Loading thread data ...

Don't. Instead, talk to Quest and have them complete the port of both local and long distance service.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Stop paying the bills and wait for them to take you to court. Then show them the proof that you asked them to end service.

You do *have* proof, right..?

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Thanks for the insight. I've contacted Qwest again and have asked them to again notify AT&T. If that doesn't produce any results, I'll file a complaint with the FCC.

Reply to
JJS

FYI, it is WAY more complex than just "notify" ATT, not that you and I would know this. I had to get my problem escalated to the front office before they did a real "port" of the number, and I even had to pay my 'old' phone company (ATT did reimburse me) - it was terribly complicated and time consuming.

Things are MUCH faster if you get a new number.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Well done. Many yrs ago we lost power for several days! I could get through only once to the power company. So I called the hot water people and told them I'll be using the water in the hot water heater, and when the power came on again wouldn't it burn out the coils in THEIR hot water heater? We had three repair trucks there within the hour!

Reply to
Rick Merrill

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:48:21 GMT, Rick Merrill wrote in news:cYadnRdzV snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I had a problem with a credit card that was branded with a major public company's name. Couldn't find anyone who would take responsibility for solving the problem, so I did a couple of minutes of research finding out who the individual was who issued the utility's press releases. Called her, explained the problem telling her that they had four hours to get it taken care of before I started calling my contacts in the Florida media.

The problem was solved, with apologies, within half an hour.

Flatus

Reply to
Flatus Ohlfahrt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.