[Telecom] ATT GSM Landline Problem

Sorry if you get 2. I left off the [Telecom] part in the last subject.

My son has, I think, a RAZR GSM cell phone. He is in area code 321 on Merritt Island near Cocoa Beach, Florida .He recently discovered (Friday evening) that he can call any phone number, cell or landline, except ATT landlines. He can call customers of Sprint, Vonage, etc. but not his house. When he calls, his cell phone goes silent. If someone answers it works fine. But he never hears the ringing in the cell phone. If no one is home, he never gets his answering machine.

He stopped at the Cingular/ATT store around noon today (Saturday) and was the fifth customer with that complaint. Behind was number 6.

I'm guessing a new generic in either the cell side or the landline side screwed things up.

Anyone else had this problem?

-- Herb Stein snipped-for-privacy@herbstein.com

Reply to
Herb Stein
Loading thread data ...

Assuming anyone else cares, it got fixed between 9 and noon Tuesday. I'm just guessing, but I'd say a bad generic got installed on a switch somewhere down in Florida. All is fine now.

-- Herb Stein snipped-for-privacy@herbstein.com

Reply to
Herb Stein

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.