Re: Verizon Wireless Ringback Tones Reach New England

Greet Wireless Callers With a Song Instead of a Ring; Numerous Artists

> and Music Genres Available > WOBURN, Mass., May 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless, the first > national carrier to launch Ringback Tones, today announced the arrival > of its Ringback Tones service in New England.
[ snip ]

T-Mobile has had this quite a bit longer. No doubt Verizon will use the "national carrier" line to claim the distinction ...

That being said, an obvious question comes to mind (which, alas, I'm not in a position to check on) :

Since the ringback is specially generated, does the call get "supervised" as soon as the caller first hears the ringing?

Similarly, what happens if the recipient doesn't answer but just lets the ringing continue (most specifically _not_ counting a kickover to voice-mail).

Anyone know? I don't have any friends who've signed up for this sillines so can't check things myself.

Thanks.

( minor disclosure: shareholder in Omnipoint)

_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
Danny Burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.