Cellcos, was Re: DO NOT! DO NOT Use Cingular Go Phone

A friend who owns an ISP here made an interesting point. Cingular,

> Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, Alltel ... all of those wireless > services are owned by wireline companies (in Verizon's case, only 55% > because the company that owns the other 45% is not a wireline > carrier).

Cough, cough. T-mobile is a horse of a different color. It started off as a bunch of more-or-less self standing cellcos in the US who were eventually bought up/merged into Voicestream (Western Wireless), which had a hefty amount of Asian capital behind it.

They were then picked up by the German/European phone and communication giant, Deutsche Telekom.

So while they're owned by a telco, it's in a very, very, different situation than the others.

Disclaimer: I'm not only a customer, I'm also a shareholder.

_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
Danny Burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.