Re: Verizon Reduces Prices for Phone Service

Well, I called customer Service at Verizon and asked about plans that have dropped their rates in the order of $15 per month. The rep was only aware of a Verizon Freedom package that cost $39.95 per month. If it was the Verizon Freedom Extra package at $56.95 per month, it still says $56.95 per month on the website.

(Heck, my bank was advertising free online billpaying for the past six months, and the website still indicated it cost $6.95 per month until I emailed them about the discrepancy).

Verizon won't entice me back until they drastically drop the cost of their unlimited local calling, included caller id and call waiting, and add a very low rate long distance plan. I just don't use enough LD to pay a fixed amount per month for unlimited LD calls.

Lena

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And if you had not issued that challenge to the rep (showing that you had some sort of clue about their new rate structure) and had ordered the service -- either from the web site or the phone call -- you would still be getting charged at the $56.95 rate. Ditto SBC; there are _so many_ different promotional rates in effect at any given time, most of which are tied to various lengths of time and with varying conditions, you can get most anything you want at any price from them these days. Two questions you may wish to ask the rep on a subsequent phone call: (1) is this new rate a promotional thing for new/returning subscribers only and if so (2) how many months is it good for? Is any contract required, and if so, for how long?

A couple other questions it might be fun to ask: Like (the old) AT&T long distance plans which could never get installed correctly on the local telco computers, do you need to call them month after month to get the credit issued; is there any conditions now or in the future regarding a 'tie-in' to DSL service where you must take the one to get the other; and three, not at all very politic but interesting none the less: telco is _supposed to be_ a common carrier utility operated at cost. Did the operating costs suddenly make it feasable to offer this 'reduced rate' now; if it was feasable earlier, _why wasn't it offered earlier_? If this new deal is for _all customers_ and not just new customers, should existing customers expect sometime soon to see a notice in their bills about the new rate structure? You may quote TD as the source of these nuisance questions if you wish. PAT]

Reply to
Lena
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.