Re: Thinking the Unthinkable; was Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the

snip --

Unfortunately, moderating a newsgroup has become a pretty tough > challenge these days. There's the technical considerations to keep > the basic functionality and archives going along. Then there's the > massive amount of spam, viruses, etc to be filtered out, as well as > off-topic and nasty messages.

I am willing to help on the technical side of keeping this mailing list going, and I may be able to contribute some bandwidth and CPU.

but as has been pointed out, Pat has set a very high bar, and I am certainly not knowledgeable enough to moderate some of the highly informed contributions to this group/mailing list.

It might be helpful to have multiple moderators to share the load. I > think the world-war-II newsgroup does that, with incoming messages > routed around to the different moderators.

This is an excellent suggestion, in addition to John Levine, I might suggest Floyd Davidson as well. (their time and inclinations permitting of course ...)

Hopefully Pat will be with us for a long time to come.

Seconded, he has played a very large role in informing this community over the years, and i hope that he will be able to do so for many years to come.

sidd

Reply to
sidd
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.