Re: [telecom] Verizon want to give me a free phone, or maybe not

Here are the details on my wife's phone (From the phone's settings menu, "Phone info" page):

Phone Model number is "VS930 4G" Warranty Date Code 04/04/2013 18:36

I hope someone has access to databases that can provide an authoritative yes/no answer about whether this phone is "3G" or "4G." More to the point, I hope someone can tell me how to keep it in use after the end of the year.

I either have to throw out the phone and the Network Extender I bought, or convince Verizon that they've made a mistake. I suspect that the Network Extender is going to stop working no matter what: I bought it from Verizon when I found out that their covereage was not as good as the other ham operators in town said it was, but Verizon doesn't seem interested in offering the increased reliability and covrage that these devices offer to users in the hills of Western North Carolina - many of the businesses in town make them available to their customers - and I suspect that their PR crew can't stand the thought of having to admit that even Verizon is subject to the laws of physics.

Time will tell: rather than endure sub-par service and being able to make calls only from certain rooms of my home, or when standing on my porch, I'll just use my VoIP phone: it works reliably, so I'll be able to get calls even while I'm inside my home. My wife still helps out with meals-on-wheels once a week, and I'll give her my Ting mobile 5G phone to use. I pay $25 a month for it, and it seems to work OK in the car.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.