Re: Last Laugh! Honesty on the Internet

Two editorial cartoons you may enjoy, and perhaps relate to personally.

formatting link
I prefer the class "On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog".

Barry Margolin, snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA

*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me *** [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: At least with 'no one knows you are a dog', probably no one asked, so no one volunteered, therefore no one should be surprised or disappointed. But with the chat rooms, many of them like Yahoo and AOL seem to be predicated on the all-important questions of life: 'm or f, how old', and the trouble and the deceit only gets worse from there. A couple months ago, a kid named Eric, a friend of Lisa and her husband, was over here day after day; he wanted to always 'check his email' and do a little chatting on Yahoo Messenger. It was cool with Lisa, so I let him sit here for an hour or so at a time doing his thing. The payoff came this weekend, when all eager, he came around and told me his 'new friend' was coming down from Wichita for the weekend. It turns out his new friend was at least twenty years older than the Yahoo Profile would indicate, and a bit more plump, etc. Poor Eric was crushed :( and _he_ had sent reasonably recent and accurate photos of himself, etc. I told him, trying to be courteous and polite about it, "welcome to the real world of honesty and the internet". PAT]
Reply to
Barry Margolin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.