Why.....

Why does support calls always come at friday 16:55? Is there any statistics in how much support calls comes at the end of the work-day on friday? Do other people here have similar experiences?

Reply to
Ivan Ostres
Loading thread data ...

:Why does support calls always come at friday 16:55?

Not for us -- a lot of people go to our regular Friday seminar that gets out at 16:30, and then they tend to leave.

:Is there any :statistics in how much support calls comes at the end of the work-day on :friday? Do other people here have similar experiences?

It might make a difference that we have flex-hours, so people might be leaving any time from 15:30 to 18:00.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

~ ~ Why does support calls always come at friday 16:55? Is there any ~ statistics in how much support calls comes at the end of the work-day on ~ friday? Do other people here have similar experiences?

Back when I did computer machine-room operations back in the late '80s, we used to do all our big OS upgrades and downtimes starting at like 6 PM Friday and going on into the night. So if something got weird, that's when our vendors got called. Or else things stayed broken till our users found out on Monday morning.

Later I switched to a network operations group which did its big changes at 05:00-07:00 on Tuesday morning. I liked that better, because if you screwed something up, you found out about it RIGHT away, and had a good chance of remembering what it was that you broke.

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Hi Ivan

probably cause of this. long time ago a customer told me his story. monday morning he has to try a new config. monday afternoon the new config does not work. so he decided to pause it for the day. tuesday morning, next try. afternoon, still no success. wednesday morning, his boss came and ask how he proceed. wednesday afternoon reading books and papers. still learning. thursday morning his boss came back and set a time to fix: friday evening. thursday afternoon, he asked a friend to help (cause this friend knows more about the problem). friday morning, they messed up the whole thing and tried to restore it. friday afternoon. still not working. he remembers that he should leave at 17:30 latest cause his wife told him to..... whatever.

=> 16:55 called support and setup an emergency call.

;-))

cheers stephan

Reply to
stephan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.