Re: Forward Fax to Email

Does anyone have any better solutions than this. Someone mentioned a

> Microsoft Fax Software, but I did not have any luck finding anything > out about it, so therefore I know nothing about it. Please let me > know if there is a better alternative solution.

Since your fax line is (presumably) already located where you wish to read the faxes, you can skip the email step. You'll need a computer with a fax-modem in it (that's most modems made since 386 computers and Windows 3.1 were the cutting edge of technology, and virtually all computers sold in the last 5 years) and software. There's software that comes with Windows (since Win95), or bundled when you buy a faxmodem, there's shareware, there's programs you can purchase separately. Most of these will save the faxes as images, one to a page, and you can review them, delete the unwanted and select which to print out. Other programs often come with computers, or are bundled with modems, some are shareware, some are commercial software, many of them provide more bells and whistles than the version that comes with Windows. But you probably don't need bells and whistles. Use your desk computer, or dedicate an old junker, this doesn't require much computing power. (Of course, whatever computer you use, you'll have to leave it turned on.)

If you're running Windows XP, see

formatting link
or
formatting link
instructions.

Reply to
Dave Garland
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.