Re: Forward Fax to Email

I currently have a fax number that is widely used by my clients.

> Problem is that I get a ton of fax "spam" if you will. I am looking > for the BEST solution to have these faxes forwarded to e-mail, while > keeping my existing fax number since that is the one everyone knows > and uses.

What I use on my fax number (the number is in my signature even) is a server running linux with the mgetty-sendfax software on a now somewhat aged PC.

That software simply works for normal dialup access and for receiving faxes. On receiving a fax it sends the fax as an e-mail with attached images in something most modern software will understand.

If anything unix-like is not your thing, there is probably software for windows that does the same.

Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers snipped-for-privacy@kzdoos.xsall.nl or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 -?) Fax +31-30-2817051 Camp Wireless, wireless Internet access /\\\\

formatting link
at campsites
formatting link
_\\_V

Reply to
Koos van den Hout
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.