Re: Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8

Some of the items that were said about the Packet8 TA are not correct. You can set the IP address of it if you're not using DHCP. The BPA410 can be logged into and changed via a browser (but I don't know if that is the case with the other TAs). The one thing I'll say about Packet8 is they have great tech support. I have a special configuration at home and I orginally had Vonage and it never worked right because of my special configuration but I could never get through to their tech support never , never, never, never, never , never, never, never did I mention I never , never, never, never could get through to their tech support!!

My advice is if you have a simple configuration one PC and cable/dsl modem Vonage will work if and only it plugs and plays the first time or if you're good at figuring stuff out. if you have an SMC router thats over 2 years old stay away from Vonage or go buy a Netgear, Belkin etc.

I'm having several problems with Packet8 as well though I hate the Caller ID it should be renamed to Caller Number (you don't get the name) and I can't use my 2 line phone (hey, that worked with Vonage) and call waiting isn't working (the one down side to Packet8 tech support is they don't work on Sundays.)

Michael B.

Packet8 is cheaper and has better tech support but their features AREN'T as slick as Vonage. Packet8 is promising 7 digit dialing come

11/05 we'll see!
Reply to
Michael
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.