Re: H.323: How to register GW without prefix?

DORETEL Communications, Inc specializes in the Voice Over IP and IP telephony industry, central office switching and transmission equipment; however, we have access to products from hundreds of manufacturers. From the impossible to find to ubiquitous, our sourcing relationships span the world. Our product portfolio contains a full range of IP routing equipment, wireless systems, security and networking gear. Best of all, our prices range from 20% to 85% off the manufacturers list pricing. Please visit our products page for an overview of what we specialize in. Whatever your needs may be, please give us a call. You'll find our customers are highly valued and those relationships are measured in years, not orders. The right services, the right products, the right price... from the people you trust. Please visit our website at:

formatting link

**For all your Cisco AS5300/AS5350/AS5400/AS54HPX/AS5850 needs call DORETEL Communications, Inc.** DORETEL Communications, Inc. 381 East Sheridan Street, Suite 401 Dania, Florida 33004 Sales Office: 404.808.4022 Sales Fax: 404.521.4639 Corporate Office: 954.925.8609 Corporate Fax: 954.212.3200 snipped-for-privacy@doretel.com
formatting link
Reply to
Shane Breen
Loading thread data ...

CallManager controls the softswitch.

The softswitch takes PSTN and converts it into IP packets. Provides dial-tone in the VoIP world.

The Call Manager provides you with features. There are too many to mention. Examples would be digit translation, three-way-calling, hold, forwarding, music on hold, etc...

Reply to
Brian LaVallee

I have been with packet 8 for over a month now and nothing but problems. My son in the marines in nc. can not get through no matter what phone he calls from, he gets the message "can not complete your call as dialed" local people have to try two or three times before they quit geting the same message and get through to me. after hundreds of call and hours on the phone packet8 has no answers and can not help me. crappy service.

Reply to
Bill

I have been with packet 8 for over a month now and nothing but problems. My son in the marines in nc. can not get through no matter what phone he calls from, he gets the message "can not complete your call as dialed" local people have to try two or three times before they quit geting the same message and get through to me. after hundreds of call and hours on the phone packet8 has no answers and can not help me. crappy service.

Reply to
Bill

Anyone know how to set DTMF signaling to be in-band using Call Manager

3.3 and a 7960 IP phone? The phone is using Skinny to talk to the Call Manager.
Reply to
Jim Brunetti

Hi,

I have a Vigor 2600V for to which I have 2 phones connected. Phone 1 is located next to the router so is plugged in using the supplied adapter. This phone works fine.

The 2nd phone is located some distance away, and so is running through an extension cable (which is plugged into the supplied adapter and then into the router). The problem is this phone doesn't work. I don't get a dial tone and it doesn't ring. If I use the same phone, but bypass the extension, it works fine. I have verified that the extension is working by plugging it into a normal phoneline and it is fine.

Is this an impedance problem or something? Can it be resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Harps

For example how should GW set terminalType to indicate its nature

> and that receiving GK will interpret as this is gateway for voice > services but without prefix. > GatewayInfo ::= SEQUENCE { > protocol SEQUENCE OF SupportedProtocols OPTIONAL, > nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL, > ... > } > Basically I would like to say that "this is gateway for voice" and not set > any of optional fields. How to do that?

Just register with an alias address and leave GatewayInfo empty

Reply to
Andreas Sikkema

Jim, Can you explain more about your requirement? The 7960 signals DTMF events to the CM via SCCP. The CM then signals this to the PSTN via the GW via H.245 or MGCP.

Reply to
voipguy

In a previous posting, Usenet was endowed with the following text from snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill):

Describe your setup. Is the ATA behind a router or not? If their service doesn't work for you, you should be able to cancel with penalty. They can't charge you for a service that does not work as advertised. They may try to charge a disconnect fee, but I would challenge that because the service never worked properly and their tech support could not resolve the issues.

Try another service, like BroadVoice or Vonage.

MA

Reply to
Micro Angelo

The problem I am trying to solve is that my customer runs CCM (version

3.3) and has 7960 IP phones. The CCM connects to a Nextone Session Controller via H.323. The Nextone converts the H.323 to SIP and passes the Voip traffic to our SONUS gateway for connection to the PSTN.

DTMF is not working. Why? Because the IP Phone and CCM expect the Gateway to provide the DTMF tones, while my Nextone/SONUS combo expects the CCM/Phones to generate the DTMF tones inband (or use RFC

2833). We can support RFC 2833 but the CCM can't. So, something has to generate the tones. One thing we have just tried is to use Cisco's new IP-IP Gateway software and install a 7200 between our Nextone and the CCM (make the Cisco 7200 be an IP-IP gateway instead of an IP-PSTN gateway) but are still having problems. Has anyone used this software before? Is it capable of terminating DTMF-relay on the one IP leg facing the CCM and originating inband DTMF on the other leg facing our Sonus?
Reply to
Jim Brunetti

Don't use Broadvoice...they're pretty shitty. I currently have them and have also ordered Voicepulse. Voicepulse is already superior to Broadvoice in sound quality already.

Reply to
Killer Madness

The error message "can not complete your call as dialed" can have several origins - I'll bet dimes to donuts Packet 8 either did not set up, or did not set up enough "I to C" / "C to I" trunking - This means that there has to be some path from a carriers PSTN switch to a BTS/iMerge system. (Common oversight); A good way to tes this is to make the call from a LEC phone, PCS phone (Should get the error message) and then have the Packet8 people call 5 times - each of the Packet8 calls should go through flawlessly - becasue they'd be calling from and to their soft switch, which would not require real trunks...

Give them a call and tell them you'd like to talk to someone about this in "Tranlsation Engineering" -

RR

Reply to
Randy Roe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.