Re: Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8

Some of the items that were said about the Packet8 TA are not correct.

> You can set the IP address of it if you're not using DHCP. The BPA410 can > be logged into and changed via a browser (but I don't know if that is > the case with the other TAs). The one thing I'll say about Packet8 is > they have great tech support. I have a special configuration at home > and I orginally had Vonage and it never worked right because of my > special configuration but I could never get through to their tech > support never , never, never, never, never , never, never, never did I > mention I never , never, never, never could get through to their tech > support!! > My advice is if you have a simple configuration one PC and cable/dsl > modem Vonage will work if and only it plugs and plays the first time or > if you're good at figuring stuff out. if you have an SMC router thats > over 2 years old stay away from Vonage or go buy a Netgear, Belkin etc. > I'm having several problems with Packet8 as well though I hate the > Caller ID it should be renamed to Caller Number (you don't get the > name) and I can't use my 2 line phone (hey, that worked with Vonage) > and call waiting isn't working (the one down side to Packet8 tech > support is they don't work on Sundays.) > Michael B. > Packet8 is cheaper and has better tech support but their features > AREN'T as slick as Vonage. Packet8 is promising 7 digit dialing come > 11/05 we'll see!

Please post when Packet8 has '7 Number Dialing' and Call ID/Waiting with Name'. I have Vonage but am thinking of switching to either Packet8 or CallVantage.

Dan

Reply to
Nospam
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.