Re: Answering Machine [telecom]

From: "Tony Toews \[MVP\]" To: snipped-for-privacy@invalid.telecom-digest.org. Subject: Answering machine with network connection and email capability Message-ID:

... >So is there an answering machine with an RJ 45 jack and/or /wireless >network capability. Let it hook up to my network like a scanner or >printer. Let me enter email address, SMTP server, etc into a screen. >With a test button of course to send a test email. And have it emails >me the MP3 files. And give me a screen which I can see all the stored >voice mails so I can manage those. >I figure the cost wuold be somewhere about $70. I'd pay that and tell >the telco there's one more monthly fee I'm not paying.

formatting link
does everything you ask "in the cloud".

It is still invitation-only, but there is a link at which you can request an "invite" and Google will send you one shortly. (I got mine the next day after asking.)

Reply to
Randall
Loading thread data ...

For what it's worth, I just bought a plain digital answering machine at Target store for $15.00, AT&T brand, that works just fine. It allows for remote pickup of calls, and variable rings before pickup, plus some other features. Just wanted to mention there are simple and cheap alternatives.

Reply to
Jeff or Lisa

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.