Re: Administrivia: A Temporary Outage

Sometime late Friday afternoon, the _alias name_ 'telecom-digest.org'

> went out of order. This alias is routed through John Levine's computer > in New York. It came back on line Saturday late morning or early > afternoon. When this happens, any netter who requests the URL >
formatting link
simply draws a blank. But, anyone who uses > the real name
formatting link
does get > through (unless massis also happens to go down). Although we would > _prefer_ to be known as 'telecom-digest.org' to the internet world, > we can go by 'massis.lcs.mit.edu' as needed. If you tried to reach > this site Friday afternoon/evening/overnight into Saturday morning > and kept 'drawing blanks', please remember this and use our alternate > (but original) URL, and you should get through that way. > Patrick

Since you have the domain name you are already incurring that expense.

For $19.95 a year you can have shared hosting at 24-7host.com. It's not the most reliable host in the world, but for the bucks it is value received. I have two of my domains hosted there, that I can accept having some outages. For my more demanding domain I have it hosted at Verio for $12 a month (used to be $24).

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Thank you for the offer, but I do not pay for any of my domain names. Either I get them as a gift from readers (as is the case with telecom-digest.org) or I otherwise find them around for free. If I had to pay for them, I probably would just quit doing this totally. PAT]
Reply to
Tim
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.