Hurricane Wilma Caused Verio Bay Area Web Outages?

One of my favorite web sites went down this morning, and it was apparently caused by Hurricane Wilma. The domain for the site is hosted by Verio.

NOTE: Service to customers of Verio, Inc., located in Boca Raton, Florida was interrupted Monday morning (Oct. 24) when commercial power failed in Boca Raton and Verio's emergency backup generators failed to start. Verio is a major provider of web services to customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in the U.S. and four countries.

According to one report from Verio's Texas offices, after commercial power failed, Verio attempted to start the rooftop emergency generators but discovered the roof had collapsed.

---------------------------------------------------

Hurricane Wilma rips through Florida, 6 killed in Florida; 6,000,000 residents without power, phones.

October 24, 2005 4:43 P.M. PDT

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Hurricane Wilma knifed through Florida with winds up to 125 mph Monday, shattering windows in skyscrapers, peeling away roofs and knocking out power to 6 million people, with still a month left to go in the busiest Atlantic storm season on record At least six deaths were blamed on the hurricane in Florida, bringing the toll from the storm's march through the tropics to 25.

Warm regards to all,

I am, Chief Inspector Claude Dreyfus, Surete, Emeritus, and I have inspected this post before sending.

Reply to
Chief Inspector Dreyfus
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.