Q.: Prepaid Data SIM for GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA Croatia? [Telecom]

I'd welcome pointers to cellular providers in the former Yugoslavia offering prepaid data SIMs for use with a netbook and USB-based Sierra Wireless GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA data modem.

Territory to be covered includes not only Croatia's Adriatic coast (Dubrovnik through Rijeka and Pula), but also inland into Slovenia (Bled, Ljubljana).

Duration of use: not quite 3 weeks. (For a couple of months from now.)

Best would be *one* provider covering all the areas mentioned. Of course, I'll settle for next best, if that's more practical :-) .

And any advice whether I'd be better off with Sierra's 881U device, or with their 885, will be welcome, too, as I've not bought either yet, but have been leaning towards the 885 (more affordable on eBay than the 881U).

Alternative data-modems, as well as sources for them, welcomed also.

TIA; and cheers, -- tlvp

Reply to
tlvp
Loading thread data ...

Go to this URL:

formatting link
which details all the prepaid offerings in .cr.

From looking at the offerings T-Mobile appears to be the only one with data offerings for prepaid though it may just be that this information was not available when the website checked rates.

The T-Mobile link:

formatting link
It does look rather expensive at .81 Euro per 100 kb but that's not uncommon for prepaids to charge dearly for data access (if at all available.)

Reply to
Joseph Singer

Thanks, Joseph: useful link, I'll bookmark it :-) .

Actually, the VodaPhone offering (under the Vip-me Broadband heading) seems better than the T-Mo offering, with prepaid data at circa 10 MB/$ (in lots of 200 or 500 MB) -- which is about

100x more cost-effective than T-Mo's ... .

So: thanks again! Cheers, -- tlvp

-- Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP

Reply to
tlvp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.