Number That Won't Hang Up?

I couldn't think of a good subject line for this. I'm thinking a buying a new phone, and would like to test its reception in the places I might use it.

Is there a number I can call that will stay connected for long periods of time (an hour or more)? I'd like to call it before I start to work, and just listen the whole way. If it loses the signal, I'll know there's an area of poor reception, and I'll call the number back to find the next area of poor reception. I don't want a number that will hang up after a short period, such as the local number for time, because I don't want to have to keep dialing.

It doesn't have to be a toll-free number (all the plans I might buy would have long-distance included).

Any ideas? Ideally, it would have some mildly entertaining and not irritating program, like a news radio station but not a right-wing talk show.

Reply to
Jack Hamilton
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.