Re: Number That Won't Hang Up?

I couldn't think of a good subject line for this. I'm thinking a

> buying a new phone, and would like to test its reception in the places > I might use it. > Is there a number I can call that will stay connected for long periods > of time (an hour or more)? I'd like to call it before I start to > work, and just listen the whole way. If it loses the signal, I'll > know there's an area of poor reception, and I'll call the number back > to find the next area of poor reception. I don't want a number that > will hang up after a short period, such as the local number for time, > because I don't want to have to keep dialing. > It doesn't have to be a toll-free number (all the plans I might buy > would have long-distance included). > Any ideas? Ideally, it would have some mildly entertaining and not > irritating program, like a news radio station but not a right-wing > talk show.

You could be evil and try a major computer manufacturer or leading software provider's tech support line. Good for 15-60 minutes, and they usually give you a prediction of how long it will be until your call is answered. I'm pretty sure Bill Gate's old company had a "DJ" while you wait.

If you actually get a rep on the line, tell them that you can't find the "any" key on your new computer.

Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.