Honey, Don't Bother Mommy. I'm Too Busy Building My Brand.

Honey, Don't Bother Mommy. I'm Too Busy Building My Brand.

By JENNIFER MENDELSOHN March 12, 2010

BALTIMORE

ON a brisk Saturday morning this month, a dedicated crew of about 90 women, most in their 30s or thereabouts, arrived at a waterfront hotel here, prepared for a daylong conference that offered to school them in the latest must-have skill set for the minivan crowd.

Teaching your baby to read? Please. How to hide vegetables in your children's food? Oh, that's so 2008.

The topics on that day's agenda included search-engine optimization, building a "comment tribe" and how to create an effective media kit. There would be much talk of defining your "brand" and driving up page views.

You know. For your blog.

Yes, they had come to Bloggy Boot Camp, the sold-out first stop on a five-city tour. It is the brainchild of Tiffany Romero and Heather Blair, the founders of the Secret Is in the Sauce, a community of

5,000 female bloggers. Boot Camp is at once a networking and social event, bringing together virtual friends for some real-time girly bonding, and an educational seminar designed to help the participants

- about 90 percent of them mothers - to take their blogs up a notch, whether in hopes of generating ad revenue and sponsorships, attracting attention to a cause or branching out into paid journalism or marketing.

formatting link

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Which proves, yet again, that a fool and her money were lucky to get together in the first place.

It used to be Amway, then it was "How to make a zillion bucks flipping houses", then it was "How to make a zillion bucks trading soybean futures", and now it's how to drive traffic to your self-absorbed, narcissistic recital of your regurgitation of tripe redolent with truisms.

Magical Thinking blooms every spring.

Bill

-- (Filter QRM for direct replies)

Watch for Bill Horne's new book "How to make a million dollars by telling suckers how to make a million dollars!" due in bookstores soon and available on Amazone for only $9.95. Quantities are limiting to

100,102 copies! Act now!
Reply to
Bill Horne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.