Happy New Year [telecom]

Another year has come and gone, and I'll take this opportunity to thank you all for your support and your contributions during

2012. I'll add a special thanks to John Levine, who has provided the Telecom Digest with invaluable help and support for many years, and to Robert Bonomi, who wrote our day-to-day processing scripts, and kept the Digest running while I was in Montana last summer.

As I write this, the new year has just started in Greenwich, England, so it's now 2013 in Greenwich Mean Time. I have a few things that come to mind, off the top of my head.

1. I don't care if it's called "UTC" now. It's "GMT" to me.

1. I can't believe that I got to be this old. I was going to live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse, but it looks like I'll only get one out of three. It sure seems fast, looking back.

2. If we can put a man on the moon, why can't we make a cellular battery that lasts for the whole day?

1. Why doesn't Jon Postel get credit for inventing the Internet, instead of Al Gore?

Sigh.

Well, enough of that: I hope you and yours have all the best of 2013.

Bill

Reply to
Telecom Digest Moderator
Loading thread data ...

And the same to you!

-- Sent from my new iMac Julian Thomas snipped-for-privacy@jt-mj.net

formatting link

Reply to
Julian Thomas

FWIW, the original battery in my vzw-issued Samsung SCH-a930 (vintage

2006?) still lasts a week on a charge, if I get or make few calls or SMSes.

Cheers, -- tlvp

Reply to
tlvp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.