Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Here's one for the books
I got a call from a large business customer of mine that the Power 832 had completely shut down and nothing was working. So I immediately hit the road and was there in about 5 minutes time. By the...

Inspection Technicians
Most of our accounts are within 75 miles. We currently have inspections handled by our service technicians (they're considered low-priority service calls). I know some companies have the inspections...

2-way voice verification module
We're installing a GE Concord with a two-way voice verification module. It's our first one - has anyone else had success/learning experiences with this module? What feedback have you had from your...

Hirsch Scramble Pad and M8 Panel
I have one Hirsch Scramble Pad and M8 panel left over from a job we did a fews years ago and looking to get it out of my stock room. If interested let me know. Barry

? PC1550 V4.0
I haven't worked on one of these in a while... 1- No CID or SIA reporting on these puppies? 2- How old is this panel (approx)? 3- I don't know the installer or master code (new homeowner - old alarm...

Smoke Detector in Parking Garage
Had a fire in an apartment building, under-building parking. Car caught on fire, lots of smoke but the building did not catch on fire and was undamaged. There is a heat detector about 20' away that...

Monitronix Ademco Lynx
I can wipe that clean for you. But if you ever want to change the phone number again in the future, you are stuck. I can also rewrite the firmware back to an original Ademco Lynx with a little more...

video security system- Should I save to a dedicated PVR or to a PC. What about remote viewing etc.
I would additionally suggest powering the equipment from a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), if you think there is a chance that someone might also cut off AC power. This could keep the data...

CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner
The house we purchased has a CADDX, NX-6 system. It appears that the previous alarm company changed the installer code (probably to lockout competitors). I have been unable to talk to anyone at this...

15% Off All Products
I can't type! Here is the correct URL:

New Napco Ver5 software
Main product lines not doing too well? Doug L

My thoughts on Robert Bass
Thread after thread deals with the horridness of this man. Sorry, but I don't buy it. You know what pisses me off about society? The rules are: You do a crime, you do the time, the state spends the $$...

Too Stupid to be A Customer
Its tough, because an intelligent customer with decision making abilities would like to hear the options, but then you get the idiots who can't decide which side of the bed to get out of in the...

cleaner wiring solution needed
I am currently wiring up a vista 20p system and have run into a situation where I will have rought 8-10 wires going to 1 screw post for aux power. Does anyone have any recommendations on a cleaner way...

amag 3500 multimax crash
Hi, We have an antiquated amag 3500 which has stopped allowing us to log into it. The manufacturer no longer supports the software. Since we are moving in a few months, I really don't want to spend...