Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice on sensors, please
I've posted a (suitably anonymous) plan of my ground floor showing my uninformed choice of motion sensor locations 1-5 and a door contact at 6. See blue dots are the sensors and the red lines are...

how does Rojas do it ?
Jim had mentioned he knows how to re-program the telephone number in a Monitronics Lynx panel. Can anyone tell me how this is done? Does it take a new chip or a special programmer? Jim are you willing...

Watch 24 manual
Does anyone have a install manual for the watch 24 alarm distributed by Amyway here in Australia?

43. If you like learn Engrish
Goot idea.

ademco can lid - what's the oblong knockout for?
Hi, This isn't that important, I'm just curious. the oblong knockout in the middle of the Ademco can lids, what's that for? I know the one by the edge is for the key lock but the one in the middle...

42. If you like to purchase an alarm system.....
If you like to purchase an alarm system go WIRED. Wireless alarm systems are unreliable when there is a Transmitters in the vicinity operating: - ON the wireless frequency - Saturating the receiver -...

41. Nose leading... Leg twisting... Pro's
So called "hands-on pro's" always attempt to justify the reliability of wireless alarm systems without manufacturer specifications and support. Its so simple to have the manufacturer specify / warrant...

40. Pro's = Jumping Beans?
Have a look to the amazing number of "jumping beans" who are present in this NG... Tel them about the Radio Frequency Interferences (RFI) miserable effect on wireless alarm systems, no alarms of any...

39. Alarm programming damage..
Can you damage your alarm system by (re)programming it ? NO. The manufacturer does programming of the alarm system and you can't alter it, its proprietary burned-in software. The so "pompous" called -...

38. Purchase wireless alarm systems! One advantage...
Purchase wireless alarm systems! One advantage... YOU will not know if its operational because Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) can occur ANY TIME and it "smach" your system down..

Re:Ademco
news:9G_oe.16$ There are murmurs, though nothing official, that the 10se & 20se will be retired soon. Thats not a difficult thing to guess, both designs are over 15 years old now Mark Leuck "Nah ya...

parts needed
Anyone have access to ITI CS 4000 battery cables? Need (2) and GE - ITI says they are no longer available items. thanks

24-hr Chime Zone in Gemini?
If I set a zone to Chime in the Gemini 3200, I have to "turn on" chiming at the keypad (Function, etc...). My wife will never remember to do that... and that function turns off when the panel is...

FAI Security Gurard 111
Hi There I have a FAI Security Gurard 111 system. 1) Does anyone know how to change the systems so that if the alarm goes off it sends a signal to our private Mobile Phone (Currently it sends a signal...