236i2 programmers manual

Hi,

I am after a programmers manual for the above system.

Any help would be appreciated. Also any information on setting the unit to factory defaults.

Thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

too light. wonder if it's like the 236E, there's still documentation for the E around.

| > I am after a programmers manual for the above system. | >

| > Any help would be appreciated. Also any information on setting the | > unit to factory defaults. | >

| > Thanks Rob | >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

I have powered down for a minute and then powered up and it will still not accept the default installer code. The number on the chip is 23612-2-5 HEX SUM 1D07H 12/22/99 if that is of any significance.

There is an ADT phone number inside the keypad but the panel does not have a phone line connected. As it was already in the house when I moved in I do not know the history of the unit, it may have been monitored previously.

Are ADT obliged to give the installer code if I request it from them?

Reply to
Rob

You are better off junking it, I would normally suggest making it a boat anchor however the lack of features on C&K boards in general means it won't be very good in that application either

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I have tried powering it down for a minute and then powering up no luck with the code. the number on the chip is 23612-2-5 HEX SUM 1D0H

12/22/99 if that is at all significant. It has an ADT phone number inside the keypad, are they obliged to provide the installer code? The unit was in the house when purchased so I have no idea of it's history or previous owners.
Reply to
Rob

Hi Paul, I didn't think there was a way of defaulting that model unless you new the installer code, apparently it can be locked from what I have read. I would be interested to hear any other thoughts on that.

Thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob

It is a very average panel, and if the installer lockout has been programmed, then you wont be able to default it unless you have a version 1 chip.

Try depowering and repowering first. Depending on how its been programmed, you may be lucky and it might be back at default.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Any idea of the cost of the 236i1 chip and will it work in the 236i2 board?

Reply to
Rob

They're not "obliged" to provide anything you don't pay for. They have no contract with you so no contractual "obligation". It's worth "a shot" to see what they'll say... I mean, it's not like they're going to try and talk you into a long term contract or anything... :-)

Yes... you own the equipment, but seeing as how the panel's not even a good "boat anchor" (according to Mark), I'd suggest you look into getting a replacement. Contact one of your local Dealers and talk to them about obtaining something a little more "user friendly".

Reply to
Frank Olson

If they wont give you the installer code then all you can do is pay for a service call form an alarm company and get them to default it for you, and program it as well if you like.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

You will need a 236i1 chip to default the panel, ring a alarm company and they can send out a tech to default it or buy a new panel.

Reply to
Max 351

I've never seen ADT use a C&K panel before. They're not obligated, although they might service it for a fee. I'd dump it and replace it with something you can program yourself and be done with it.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

yah, thought of that after i posted.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

More than likely an aquisition, for instance Masada down here used tons of em before ADT bought them out

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thanks paul,

I did that, $25 and all working apart from my remote which I guess is a keypad definition seing the wireless unit connects to those terminals.

Cheers Rob

Reply to
Rob

Is that good or bad?

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

The poster is an Australian

Paul

Reply to
Paul

The version 1 chip is only used to default the panel. Then the original chip goes back in.

Ring Ademco and ask for the price. If they sell to the public, they also have instructions on how to default.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Australia = good France = bad

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.